Monday, April 07, 2008

How about just the tele and not the crappy in-bult speakers

That really was a long sabbatical and I'm glad that I'm back here. It's a little difficult to sit and complete a blog with all the distractions accumulated over the past couple of months. Like any good citizen in this land of consumerism, I was lured to the offers that were given out during this year's super bowl. This is today's topic.
On the eve of super bowl, I decided on impulse to buy a tele. That was a no brainier: take advantage of the great discounts that last till the super bowl weekend, or else wait till thanks giving and Christmas. So I, with my cousin and another friend, got to one of the retail stores and took a look at the displayed models. Each one seemed to be better than the other. At first glance, we looked at the picture quality, then we fiddled around a little bit and turned all the teles in the row to the same channel. Finally, we thought we should set all the teles to the same settings. This was not to be done - we came to know that the original settings were the best for the individual models and should not have been tampered with.
Anyways, I searched out this good offer - 40" 1080p LCD Sony Bravia V series HDTV for just $1200.00! Great, I decide to buy one and my cousin got one too. It didn't end there. I got an offer - 100$ off of any Hi-Def DVD player. Took advantage of this and added a Toshiba HD DVD player for just 100$ (Its close to $300.00 these days) to my cart. With the DVD player, I got 5 HD DVD's free ( 3 of which I'm still expecting in mail). I have a brilliant tele, state of the art DVD player - what's missing? Yes, a good sound system. Thats where my itch with the tele manufacturers.
Any enthusiast who invests on a good Hi-Def tele and a Hi-Def DVD player, would definitely buy at least a decent receiver and speaker system. In such a case, why should the tele manufacturers come up with speakers? They just serve the meticulously sought symmetry and aesthetics! Instead, they can just give me a tele without the speakers. This would have brought down the price and I could get more goodies at the same time.
I'm not sure if you agree with me; however, I feel cheated to buy speakers that I won't use at all!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you buy a hi-def projector instead? Just kidding, welcome back

Sandesh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home