Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What more could a kid want?

Caution!! Going down the memory lane Chooo Chooo Chooo Chooo...
I'm thinking about those summer holidays when we explored the streets around our house with rented bikes (baadige cycallu). It was the summer of 88 when I first learned to balance a bike. Then on, spent the entire summer riding them with my cousin and friends. It used to cost us 50 paise for every half hour. Myself, my cousin, couple of friends - all of us had our preferred bikes at the shop. Some of ours had stands and some didn't (My cousin brother, who was the eldest of the lot, got the bike with the stand). We were kings of the roads. We used to gang up and discover new roads and shortcuts between home - Bal-Bhavan, home - VVS grounds and home - bakery...
We attended Bal-Bhavan in the mornings - it was fun to some extent, but it still resembled school. Since whole of our mornings were spent at Bal-Bhavan, I eagerly looked forward to the afternoons when we could hit the roads. We used to do all sorts of things - go fast down the grade, play catch up, overtake, take tight corners - all these on our tiny bikes. Really, those were the best fun filled half hours I looked forward to every morning.
Here is the reason for the post. The weather is getting more summerish - its almost June for crying out loud. Well, that was just my frustration. Here is the real reason. I recently purchased a motorcycle. Even for this day, like a little kid, I come home and put my bags down, get my helmet and gloves on and off I'm on my bike. I take her out for a ride on the open, calm, narrow, winding, country roads near my home. Like before, I explore new routes and new neighborhoods and get back home ready to track them down on google maps!! Never before did I feel close to the elements as I feel now on my bike.
You and I know know its been 20 years now and to top it, I have moved out of namma Bengaluru as well; hoever, I still feel nothing has really changed. Its only the datum that has changed. I'm still the little kid ready for a new adventure every evening.
Care to join?

6 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Baggi I for one would loooooove to join u.... but i guess you'd like better company ;)

I remember the badige cycllu too..... and how mean you guys were to me :((

So awesome you took me back to 1000....

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Bhargav said...

You are welcome Vids!! You are wrong on this; I do like your company. You can join me anytime!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't wait to visit you now...... for a long bike ride and a looooonnnng drive in mini :)

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Arjun B S said...

yep .. will join! ... appreciate you going thru my blog post.... but going thru' your posts I just realized that your blog seems to have had a re-birth after a gap of 2 yrs!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Bhargav said...

Thats right...Started blogging while in school and couldn't find time after I got a job. But now I'm trying to balance out the time to work and blog at the same time.
You are most welcome to join me. Also, I would like to know more about your Antarctica expedition. Please mail me when you find time.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Arjun B S said...

okai ... I'm having trouble finding your gmail/yahoo id ... maile me instead at arjunbs@gmail.com ... (something equivalent of a missed call..!) ... also.. the Ragpicker part is true.. happened near 'kulla park' in first cross malleswaram ... and public transport is getting expensive too.. I mean.. 5 bucks is minimum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home